Tuesday 27 August 2024

Tuesday 27 August 2024 Cuttagee

 Sadly, the rest of the CKC were unavailable so only L and I rolled out of bed early for a lovely little saunter around Cuttagee this morning.

As we launched at 8.45am I snapped this pic. The phone camera couldn't cope being pointed into the sun but I quite like the result.


At Cuttagee bridge we grounded out upon the huge amount of sand that had been washed under the bridge during the two weeks of southerly swells a month or so ago.



Finally, a very bad pic of the elusive heron that has been eluding my camera on our last few paddles of Cuttagee.  A Striated Heron, I think.


10.45am and it was time for a leg stretch and a spot of droning,


After packing up I took to the water at 11.40am and L stayed behind to 'drone' me as I paddled down the lagoon into a head breeze that had sprung up.
 

L having joined me we paddled back out onto a now choppy lake. So it was steady paddling until we turned down the strait.  Here we spotted a very wary Sea Eagle, I'm guessing - the markings are unusual - eating a fish.


At 12.45 we pulled in; four hours out on the water having done much to revive our spirits.






9kms

No comments:

Post a Comment